Thursday, February 26, 2009

Beauty or a weed

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I'm currently on a mini vacation visiting my sister in San Diego. The area she lives in is surrounded by thrift stores and antique shops. I've always loved the vibe of the area, you'll find people of different races and orientation. The young and the not so young, the dogs and the cats, the joggers and the coffee drinkers. On my second day there, we decided to check out some of the shops in the neighborhood. Even before leaving the driveway, I decided to take this picture. I don't know why, but it is the picture for today's blog. It's a weed right....or is it.
Something to think about
As I look at the picture and write, I find it appropriate for today's blog. The white and yellow against the green green grass was very pretty. The picture doesn't do the colors justice, you'll just have to trust me on this. In any other part of San Diego, these weeds would be pulled without a moments hesitation. But here on this property, it stays as is, just like this neighborhood, the same but different. I'm sure if you remember back in the day, you felt the joy when blowing on the thistle, and how the dandelion reminded you of a miniature sunflower without the seeds. Back then you found the beauty of these, what changed you to find these weeds pesky and ugly?
Hello it's just me
My sister has a clogged sink drain in the laundry room. I've watched my husband and son-in-law clear drains quite a few times and thought that it looked easy enough and I could help my sister out and do it for her. Okay.... so I may not know the technical terms for these things, but you'll catch my drift. I first gathered the tools I needed and a bucket to catch the extra water... so far so good. I had to remember, righty tighty lefty loosey. Yea! I unscrewed the part of the pipe at the u. I cleared out the water and was very proud of myself. The next thing I did was snake the drain, but wait.... the snake didn't go very far, ah ha! the blockage was there. I couldn't get the block to clear so I thought, right there is the clean out for the drain I'll unscrew that. Wrong... well right but in the end, that thing was screwed on so tight there was no give. Oh well, as much as I really really wanted to do it myself, I can't, it's too tight so now we'll call a plumber. Crap!
Well... I must end here, you know how it is...
Till the next time.... Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment